Welcome to Dr McLachlan & Partners
Welcome to Dr. McLachlan & Partners. We are a friendly NHS GP Practice, located in the centre of Helensburgh. Our dedicated team are committed to providing excellent healthcare to our patients within a caring environment.
COVID 19 VACCINATIONS - If you have a general query about the COVID-19 vaccine, please look on the www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccine website or use the national helpline 0800 030 8013 which is open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.
Vaccine rollout to the general public, based on age and underlying health conditions, will start as soon as possible, and will depend on vaccine supply. This is likely to be at the start of the new year so please look out for a letter and a leaflet arriving in the post which will invite you to make an appointment for your vaccine. The first group to receive this will be the over 80's.
Please ensure that the Medical Centre has an up to date telephone number for you so that we can contact you as soon as the vaccine becomes available.
Please avoid calling with any general queries about the COVID-19 vaccine as we are unable to give you any more information at this stage and we need to try and keep phone-lines open for people who are unwell and needing medical care. Many thanks for your ongoing patience and cooperation.”
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY UNLESS ADVISED TO DO SO BY A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.
TELEPHONE LINES - If you need a repeat prescription please contact the script line on 01436 674967 or request them online, just go to Prescriptions at the top of this page and follow the instructions.
APPOINTMENTS - We are working hard to balance the health needs of patients against the risk of coronavirus transmission. To help keep everyone safe this is what you need to know:
- All first contact with a GP or Nurse must be by phone or online. Please do not turn up at the practice without an appointment.
- When you first get in contact to make an appointment, you need to tell the staff if you, or someone that you live with, are displaying any coronavirus symptoms (continuous cough, high temperature, loss of/change of sense of smell and taste). This is the same whether you have had a test or not.
When you phone, the staff will work with you to decide the best way of helping with your problem. This might be by phone, by video, or by making an appointment to see you in person.
TELEPHONE AND VIDEO CONSULTATIONS
To avoid the risk of spreading coronavirus, many GP practice appointments are now carried out over the phone or through NHS Near Me - a secure and easy way to video call a health professional using your computer, tablet or mobile.
Telephone and Near Me is not suitable for everything and everyone and there may be a need to see a member of the team in person, for a physical examination or if tests need to be carried out. The health team will discuss with you to help decide which is the best option for you.
If you are unable to use these technologies, please let us know.
We appreciate how difficult it may be to adapt to these new ways of communication and we are here to help if you have any issues.
Thank you for supporting us to reduce the risk of infection and keep people safe in our communities.
During this challenging time, we have made some changes in the way we work:
- When you come into the surgery
- We will now be doing Video Consultations (information under Appointments at top of screen)
- The phone lines will now be closed between 12.30 and 1.30pm each day except a Friday when they will close at 12.15 - 1.15pm. If it is an emergency please use the number given on the recorded message.
- All prescription requests, samples or hospital letters should be put into the grey box outside the main doors on the left. Any confidential mail should be posted to us via Royal Mail. All prescriptions must be sent to a pharmacy, please make sure you mark which pharmacy you would like your prescription to go to as you will not be able to pick these up from the surgery.
- We will also be posting out sample bottles/swabs which the GP/Nurse have requested and also any letters requested.
- Ear syringing appointments have been suspended at this time. We will update the website when we are reinstating this service. We would recommend using oil (olive oil, almond oil) in your ears if you are having difficulties at the moment.
- We are still taking on new patients. Please print off a registration form from the website or telephone the surgery and we will send them out to you. Once completed please put them in the grey post-box outside the surgery on the left hand side. It will take a couple of days for us to get you onto the system so please wait at least 48hrs before asking for a consultation.
(Site updated 05/01/2021)